One of the most vibrant communities in the church is the young adult group called Anchored. We define young adult as anyone out of high school and under 40.
Contact Anchored for more details at email@example.com.
February 4th 6pm(kickoff is 6:30) - Group is at HUTCH HOUSE! We'd love to have you for the big sportsball game and a time of fellowship.
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY - SUPERBOWL SUNDAY @ Hutch House (email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions and to RSVP)
If you like to watch football, join us...
If you don't watch football (maybe you watch sportsball instead), join us...
If watching the Super Bowl commercials are the highlight of the evening, join us...
...for an awesome evening of Super Bowl awesomeness!
Come and bring something to share (food or drink). If you'd like to participate in The 2nd Annual Super Bowl Superb BOWL o' Dip Taste-Off, prepare your favorite dip recipe and bring something to dip. First-prize wins the prestigious Ceramic Dipping Bowl Award Trophy... The Hutch Cup!! Last year's champion was Andrea Dr.Dre Converse with her delicious S'mores Dip. Who will win this year!?
Please RSVP for Super Bowl Sunday via email to me email@example.com or slack @hutch. PLEASE RSVP by Friday, February 2nd so that we can plan for food, seats, and viewing arrangements. If your cooked item requires oven time, electricity or stovetop, please contact Rachel in advance to coordinate. Hope to see you there!
SUPER BOWL SUPERB BOWL O'DIP TASTE-OFF OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- Limited to ONE entry per person (you may make more than one dip to share, but only one of those may be entered in the Taste-off)
- To participate in the Taste-Off, please send me the following information: 1) name 2) name of dip, 3) a brief description of your dip, which includes any common ingredients which may be common for allergies (egg, gluten, milk, nuts, peanuts, treenuts), and level of hot/spicy (if this pertains to you). Taste-Off entries must be submitted by noon on Saturday 2/3. We print up descriptions of the dip to put in front of the entry so that folks will know more about it and any vital allergy info. So it is VERY IMPORTANT to get this info in.
- Bring items appropriate to dip in your dip (example: if pretzels, carrots, celery, or oreos, bread, go better with you dip than tortilla chips... bring those); what you include for dipping will be considered in your dip entry.
- To be entered in the contest, the dip MUST be made by YOU. Store-bought dip may be brought to share but not to be entered in the contest.
- You can enter a hot or a cold dip, just please bring your own crockpot (or make arrangements with myself ahead of time for oven, electrical or heating needs).
- We will only display the name of the dip and not the person who brought it so that voting will be as anonymous as possible. So no campaigning.
- How voting will work: Each dip will be assigned an anonymous letter or number. Each guest will be given a ballot with the list of entered dips. Each guest will rate each dip on a scale of 1-5 for taste, texture, presentation and an overall rating. All completed ballots will be put in a pre-approved secure ballot box, and votes will be tallied at halftime. The dip with the highest score will be announced at the end of the 3rd quarter and the dip trophy awarded. NOTE ** You may not vote for your own dip (be honest)
- Winning names will join Andrea's name on the Lombardi Trophy of Superb BOWL o' Dip Taste-offs, the coveted Hutch Cup and be passed on to subsequent winners from year to year.
Email me with any questions regarding rules.